An exciting opportunity has arisen with one of our OFSTED rated 'Outstanding Independent Fostering Agencies Clients as a Fostering Operations Manager has just become available. Our client is a leading Social Enterprise providing a range of Children’s Services that have been “turning children’s lives around” since the late 1980s.
Role: Fostering Operations Manager
Salary: £62,500 - £70,000 plus £5100 per annum car allowance
Contract: Full time Permanent - Remote Working
This position has arisen because of the promotion of the current post holder to the new post of Head of Fostering Operations. This new post has been established to support the Head of Fostering to implement and deliver the ambitious development plans for the Fostering Service.
You will join an talented, dedicated and stable Fostering Leadership Team who are focussed on continuous improvement and providing outstanding foster placements for the children in their care. You will be instrumental in shaping and delivering the Fostering Service development plans alongside operational responsibility for the leadership and oversight of three registered services.
This position is home based but there is a requirement to travel to the fostering services in Salisbury, Bristol, Gloucestershire, Somerset, Devon, and Truro. The post holder is required to travel to other fostering locations when required to attend management meetings and events in Bromsgrove, West Midlands and at the clients Head office in Salisbury.
You will receive:
- Salary of £62,500-70,000 plus a car allowance of £5100 per annum. The position is full time, home based on 37 hours per week.
- Competitive annual leave allowance
- Career progression opportunities
- Pension scheme and access to employee assistance program
- Perkbox discount scheme membership
- Simply Health medical scheme.
- Regular support and consultation with the Head of Fostering Operations.
- Opportunities to integrate with our clinical, education and residential service provision
The Client works from a Trauma informed (ATIC) model with integration across our Fostering, Residential, Clinical and Education services to achieve the best possible outcomes for young people.
You will be responsible for:
- Management and professional supervision of three Fostering Service Managers
- Effective management of all aspects of existing Fostering West services
- Management and oversight of budgets for three Fostering Services. Be accountable for the achievement of individual and regional financial targets.
- Contribute proactively to the strategic planning and business development of the client's Fostering Service Business Plan
- Establishing and maintaining regular contact with local authority customers.
- Demonstrating positive leadership skills in influencing service managers to apply the principals and practices of successful customer management.
- Demonstrate that outcomes for children are being monitored and action taken when required.
- Maintain or improve the Ofsted judgements of fostering services within jurisdiction.
- Support Service Managers to recruit, support, develop and retain foster carers to contribute overall carer growth targets.
- Achieving regional placement growth as per annual fostering budgets.
- Manage and be responsible for regional compliance with reference to schedule 6 & 7 notifications to Ofsted, foster carer, and young people file compliance.
- Have oversight of monthly key performance indicators and take corrective action where required.
- Attend and chair internal and external meetings and events when required.
You will have:
- The desire to be a team player who wants to achieve best possible outcomes for all our children and foster carers.
- Experience of working in the fostering sector and/or children/young people in social care at senior level.
- A formal social work qualification and a management qualification.
- Be registered as a social worker with Social Work England.
- Have a valid driving license.
- The right to work in the UK.
Why use Sheldon Phillips to find your next role? It's simple really - we aren't pushy or too needy.....we know that what you want is to be listened to! You want an agency that will pro-actively look for what you want to do, rather than us focussing on the roles that will benefit us financially
That's why we have been so successful, because this is YOUR job search, not ours
If you want to know more about this Fostering Operations Manager role in the South West, give Fred Thomas a call on 01635 22635.
Oh, and if you pass our details onto a friend and we place them, we are paying a massive £500 referral bonus for successful placements until the end of August 2022! (Terms and conditions apply)