Head of Fostering - Independent Fostering Agency - South London
Job: Head of Fostering
Reports To: Director of Operations
Hours of Work: 37.5
Supervisory Responsibilities: Yes
Travel Required: Yes
Our Local Authority client in the South London Area is currently looking for a Head of Service to join their Independent Fostering Agency.
As the Head of Service, it is your role to lead, motivate and guide the operations teams in delivering the overarching strategic plan for the client to ensure we provide outstanding care and the best possible outcomes for our children, child protection and safeguarding principles are embedded in practice.
You will be responsible for delivering operational excellence and financial performance of the business whilst safeguarding children and young people by exceeding regulatory standards and requirements; ensuring that the overarching quality assurance systems are embedded and adhered to across the service.
To be considered for this Head of Service role in South London you will also need:
Social Work Qualification
Experience at a similar level for a minimum of 2+ Years
Duties include but not limited to:
- Provide clarity of the organisation purpose and the values that underpin that, focusing on providing outstanding care and outcomes for children.
- Lead by example with integrity, sustain wide, current knowledge and understanding of social work practice and broader child protection issues.
- Create a shared vision which inspires, motivates, and encapsulates the organisations commitment to provide outstanding care and outcomes for children, throughout the organisation so that it is applied to everyday practice. Continuously evaluate how best to keep the vision a reality, identify what needs to change and build upon existing strengths.
- Create a culture in which excellent practice is expected and celebrated; critical incidents are used as a way to learn, improve practice and hold poor practice to account.
- Set and uphold high quality practice standard, instilling a strong sense of accountability in staff for the impact of their work on the lives of children.
- Provide a safe, calm and well-ordered environment for all staff, and ensure that the practice system is developed ensuring that processes and methods of recording and well established, fit for purpose and efficient and of a high quality, addressing early signs of difficulties.
- Drive a culture of constant reflective practice, remain inquisitive and challenge thinking and decision making with the best outcomes for children at the centre.
As an agency, Sheldon Phillips will provide you with:
A dedicated Recruitment Consultant to support your job search
Market leading rates of pay
If you are interested in the role as a Head of Service within an Independent fostering agency in South London, contact Fred Thomas on 01635 226350.
Oh, and if you pass our details onto a friend and we place them, we are paying a massive £300 referral bonus for successful placements until the end of November 2021! (Terms and conditions apply)