Qualified Social Worker – Fostering – South London
Role: Qualified Social Worker
Location: South London
Pay: up to £38.50 per hour
Contract: Full-Time Locum
In the office: Hybrid
Are you a qualified social worker looking for a new challenge? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment where you can make a real difference?
If so, read on. We are looking for an experienced social worker to join a fostering service in south London, working as a supervising social worker.
The successful candidate will be expected to provide guidance, as well as being responsible for the assessment and supervision of foster carers. You must have a good understanding of the fostering process, including the assessment of foster carers and the implementation of the care plan.
The responsibilities include the following, so we ask that you have this experience:
• Experienced in managing a caseload of foster carers.
• Experienced in supervising foster carers of various levels of complexity, including assessment, planning implementation and evaluation of appropriate action and ensuring that the welfare of the children in their care is properly and effectively safeguarded and promoted.
• Experienced in reviewing foster carer approvals.
• Experienced in working within a professional network, to ensure that the needs of the children and young people are met.
The role will involve you using a range of systemic ideas in your work, including promoting a practice philosophy which seeks to empower service users, build on individual strengths, and develop strategies which support them to understand, manage and respond to risk.
You will be passionate about delivering the best possible outcomes for the children in care, as well as providing support to the foster carers and their families.
To be considered for this role you must have a recognised social work qualification, and be registered with the Social Work England. You will also need to have a proven track record of working in a fostering team, as well as strong communication and organisational skills.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive salary of up to £38.50 per hour, as well as the chance to work in a dynamic and challenging environment. You will have the opportunity to use your skills and expertise to make a real difference to the lives of vulnerable children.
We are looking for confident social workers, who are also:
• Qualified and registered Social Workers / Advanced Social Workers who are Social Work England registered, and have completed your AYSE
• Experienced in making assessments, implementing plans and delivering interventions
• Skilled in managing complex cases and competent in presenting cases in court with demonstrable professionalism and empathy
• Your experience of working in a statutory setting is desirable however not essential
• Excellent written and verbal communication is essential, so too is a creative approach to getting compelling messages across.
Why use Sheldon Phillips to find your next role? It's simple really - we aren't pushy or too needy.....we know that what you want is to be listened to! You want an agency that will proactively look for what you want to do, rather than us focussing on the roles that will benefit us financially.
That's why we have been so successful, because this is YOUR job search, not ours.
If you want to know more about this Qualified Social Worker role in South London, give Rhys Rafferty a call on 01635 226350.
Oh, and if you pass our details onto a friend and we place them, we are paying a massive £300 referral bonus for successful placements (Terms and conditions apply)