Social Worker - Child Protection - Kent
Role: Social Worker
Team: Child Protection
Pay: Up to £40,000 per annum
Contract: Full Time (Permanent)
Our Local Authority client in Kent is currently looking for a Social Worker to join their Child protection services in Children’s Safeguarding Services.
There is an incentive scheme in place to increase salary packages within the region of up to £39,928 per annum.
As a Qualified Social Worker on the Child Protection team in Kent, you will need to have at least 1 year post qualifying experience in a similar team or have completed an ASYE.
To be considered as a Social Worker for this role in Kent you will also need:
Social Work Qualification
Recent DBS Check
Duties include but not limited to:
- Manage a high and diverse number of cases within the parameters of agreed policies and practices.
- Safeguard and promote the welfare of children and meet their individual needs.
- Work in partnership with a MDTs to identify, evaluate and review care plans to produce positive outcomes for children and their adoptive and foster families.
- Assist the Senior Practitioner and other colleagues in identifying, planning and delivering its core tasks.
- Regularly update case notes and records, reports, plans and assessments so that information and planning for the children is the most relevant and current.
- Maintain an awareness of changes in child development
- Regularly review the progress and implementation of children’s plans
- Prepare applications for submission to Family Courts and represent the County Council’s Children & Families Service as and when required
- Keep up to date with research findings, theoretical models and innovative practice within the social work field.
As an agency, Sheldon Phillips will provide you with:
A dedicated Recruitment Consultant to support your job search
Market leading rates of pay
If you are interested in the role as a Qualified Social Worker within a Child Protection team in Kent, contact Fred Thomas on 01635 226350.