Qualified Social Worker - Children With Disabilities - Berkshire
Role: Qualified Social Worker
Team: Children with Disabilities
Pay: up to £43,934.00
Contract: Full Time (Permanent)
Our Local Authority client in Berkshire is currently looking for a Social Worker to join their Children with Disabilities team in Children’s Services.
There is an incentive scheme in place to increase salary packages within the region of up to £43,934.00 per annum.
As Qualified Social Worker on the CWD team in Berkshire, you will need to have at least 1 year post qualifying experience in a similar team or have completed an ASYE.
To be considered as a Qualified Social Worker for this role in Berkshire you will also need:
Social Work Qualification
Recent DBS Check
Duties include but not limited to:
1. To ensure that the client’s duties under the relevant legislation are discharged in accordance with the client’s policy in relation to individual service users, parents and carers.
2. To assess the needs of children/young people and their families, including the identification of those at risk or in need of protection, and to provide services as appropriate.
3. To determine the most suitable intervention, having due regard to the resources available and to plan, implement and evaluate action taken.
4. To engage effectively with children, young people, their parents and carers, in the delivery of services.
5. To ensure that the legal/policy/practice requirements, particular to the specialist area in which the post holder operates are fully complied with.
6. To liaise and negotiate effectively with other sections of the Service and other colleagues in other statutory and voluntary agencies in pursuit of effective service provision.
7. To carry and manage a caseload as directed, in accordance with agreed policies and criteria.
8. To effectively review and plan work with children and families.
9. To maintain timely recording of work undertaken in client information systems, and to produce reports etc in accordance with established policies and procedures.
10. To disseminate information to team members and ensure they keep themselves up to date with national and local policy and legislative developments.
As an agency, Sheldon Phillips will provide you with:
A dedicated Recruitment Consultant to support your job search
Market leading rates of pay
If you are interested in the role as a Qualified Social Worker within an CWD in Berkshire, contact Fred Thomas on 01635 226350.