Senior Practitioner - Assessment Team - East London
Role: Senior Practitioner
Location: East London
Pay: Up to £44,661 per annum
Contract: Full Time (Permanent)
Our Local Authority client in East London is currently looking for a Social Worker to join their Assessment team in Children’s Services.
There is an incentive scheme in place to increase salary packages within the region of up to £44,661 per annum.
As a Senior Practitioner on the Assessment team in East London, you will need to have at least 3 year post qualifying experience in a similar team or have completed an ASYE.
To be considered as a Senior Practitioner for this role in East London you will also need:
Social Work Qualification
Recent DBS Check
Duties include but not limited to:
- Manage a complex caseload within a framework of appropriate reflective supervision, undertaking focused, analytical assessments that reflects the Council’s commitment to achieving positive outcomes for our looked after children.
- Demonstrate expert and effective practice in complex situations
- To work with children and families in a variety of diverse and complex contexts, such as mental ill health, disability, substance misuse, domestic abuse, sexual and criminal exploitation, radicalisation, poverty, discrimination, and immigration.
- Provide expert advice and support to less experienced staff on aspects of casework ensuring a high level of practice is demonstrated.
- Contribute to the learning and development of others either through supporting a newly qualified social worker, supervising a family support worker, acting as a Practice Assessor for students on placement, or contributing to training activities in a specialist areas.
- Lead on an area of practice (i.e. contextual safeguarding, completion of DV risk assessments, etc) for the team or service and support others to enhance their knowledge and skills in relation to that subject.
- To be a Signs of Safety Champion and consistently use the Signs of Safety practice model in assessments and interventions with looked after children, their families, and their carers.
As an agency, Sheldon Phillips will provide you with:
A dedicated Recruitment Consultant to support your job search
Market leading rates of pay
If you are interested in the role as a Qualified Social Worker within an Assessment team in East London, contact Fred Thomas on