Team Manager – Child Protection – Central London
Role: Team Manager
Location: Central London
Team: Child Protection
Pay: Up to £44.50 per hour
Contract: Full-Time Locum
In the office: Hybrid
Are you an experienced Social Work Team Manager looking for a rewarding role in Central London? Do you have the skills and knowledge to lead a team of social workers in the Child Protection Services of Children Services? If so, this could be the perfect role for you.
We are looking for an outstanding Social Work Team Manager to join our client, a Local Authority in Central London. This is an excellent chance to lead a team of social workers in one of the most dynamic and vibrant cities in the world.
The successful candidate will have a wealth of experience in managing a team of social workers, ideally in Safeguarding or a similar service. You must also be registered with Social Work England and have the right to work in the UK.
As the Social Work Team Manager, you will be responsible for leading and managing the team of social workers. You will be responsible for setting objectives, managing performance and ensuring the team is delivering an effective service in line with the Local Authority’s objectives. You will also be responsible for ensuring the team are up to date with the latest legislation and best practice.
You will be required to undertake a range of tasks, including:
• Developing and maintaining high-quality services
• Monitoring and reviewing the performance of the team
• Ensuring the team is compliant with relevant legislation
• Ensuring the team is working to best practice
• Managing budgets and resources
• Developing and implementing strategies
• Liaising with external organisations
• Developing and maintaining positive relationships
To be considered for this role you must have the following skills and experience:
• Experience managing a team of social workers
• A degree in social work and/or equivalent qualification
• Registered with Social Work England
• Proven experience working in Safeguarding or a similar service
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to lead and motivate a team
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Good organisational and time management skills
• Good understanding of relevant legislation
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Good IT skills
In return, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary of up to £44.50ph, access to excellent training and development opportunities and the chance to work in one of the most exciting cities in the world.
Why use Sheldon Phillips to find your next role? It's simple really - we aren't pushy or too needy.....we know that what you want is to be listened to! You want an agency that will proactively look for what you want to do, rather than us focussing on the roles that will benefit us financially.
That's why we have been so successful, because this is YOUR job search, not ours.
If you want to know more about this Team Manager role in Central London, give Rhys Rafferty a call on 01635 226350.
Oh, and if you pass our details onto a friend and we place them, we are paying a massive £300 referral bonus for successful placements (Terms and conditions apply)