Equal Opportunities Policy
Sheldon Phillips is committed to a policy of equal opportunities for all work seekers and shall adhere to such a policy at all times and will review on an on-going basis on all aspects of recruitment to avoid unlawful or undesirable discrimination. We will treat everyone equally irrespective of sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, race, colour, ethnic or national origin, religion, political beliefs or membership or non-membership of a Trade Union and we place an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with the policy.
Sheldon Phillips shall not discriminate unlawfully when deciding which candidate/temporary worker is submitted for a vacancy or assignment, or in any terms of employment or terms of engagement for temporary workers. Sheldon Phillips will ensure that each candidate is assessed only in accordance with the candidate's merits, qualification and ability to perform relevant duties required by the particular vacancy.
It is your responsibility to look after your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by what you do (or do not do).
Please review the following Health & Safety Information:
- Familiarise yourself with the health & safety policy, fire & evacuation and first aid arrangements when on a new assignment
- Ensure you participate in any required induction / training and supervision in relation to health & safety
- Ensure you cooperate with others on health and safety, and do not interfere with or misuse anything provided for your health, safety or welfare
- Ensure any protective equipment provided to you is used as required and instructed
- Only carry out duties and responsibilities for the post you have been hired to do, refraining from undertaking any other duties which you may not be
a) competent to undertake and
b) could endanger your own health, safety or welfare
Please notify us immediately of any changes to your own personal situation that may put you at risk in the workplace and or affect your ability to carry out your standard duties